ALPHAPAY COMPLAINT HANDLING PROCEDURE
Canada adopted the Department of Finance’s Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Industry in Canada in 2010. As part of this Code of Conduct, merchants and cardholders can submit inquiries or complaints relating to the elements of the Code of Conduct. To ensure that Canada’s payment system continues to be innovative, secure and reliable for all the payment industry members, we welcome your feedback.
If you have a complaint pertaining to the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry, you may file a complaint through a variety of channels:
- by email ( Info@AlphaPay.com )
- by toll free number at 1-855-937-7888
- by mail at AlphaPay, #210-4320 Viking Way, Richmond, BC V6V2L4
Please visit the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada’s website for more information on merchant rights under the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada.
Following receipt of your complaint we will:
- acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five (5) business days.
- provide our final decision in writing within ninety (90) days of receiving the merchant complaint, along with:
- a summary of the complaint
- the final result of the investigation
- explanation of the final decision
- information on how to further escalate your complaint in the event of an unsatisfactory outcome
If we cannot provide a response to you within 90 days you will be informed of the delay, the reason for the delay and the expected response time.
To assist us in reviewing your complaint please provide the following, where applicable:
- a summary of your concerns
- details, such as the name of the person you were dealing with, the date the concern occurred, date spoken to payment card network operator (PCNO), acquirer or representative
- copies of any supporting documentation (i.e. agreements, statements, correspondence from acquirer or PCNO)
Nothing restricts you from directly filing a complaint with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) to investigate non-compliance with the Code. FCAC can be reached via:
- Phone: 1-866-461-3222
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Financial Consumer Agency of Canada, 6th Floor, Enterprise Building, 427 Laurier Ave. West, Ottawa, ON K1R 1B9
Please note that the information being submitted may be shared with your PCNO, acquirer, processor or financial institution in order to assist us in answering your concerns. Please also note that FCAC is not a dispute-resolution agency for consumers in their individual dealings with payment card network operators or acquirers.